This post is about Sports Yo-Kan+ which is a product in Japan manufactured for use with sports as an energy supplement.
Yokan is a traditional Japanese sweet and is thick, jellied dessert made of red bean paste, agar, and sugar. It is usually sold in a block form, and eaten in slices.
Sports Yo-Kan+ is manufactured and packaged for usage with endurance sports and what is great about Sports Yo-Kan+ is it’s flavour and texture by comparison to many other energy gel and fuel supplements designed to be carried during endurance exercise.
The traditionally overly sweet and sticky gel is often hard to get down, isn’t gentle on the stomach and can make a bit of a mess when consuming on the move. Sports Yokan+ provides a solution with the moderately sweet flavourful taste and the nifty packaging that enables you to quickly break the seal and consume without mess or fuss.
- Includes sustained energy carbohydrates (Maltodextrin palatinose) to support performance with sports
- The package can be opened by one hand pressing the yokan
- Azuki (red beans) from Hokkaido and salt from Awajishima is used
- Traditional Japanese sweets, “Neri-yokan” taste. Sweetness reduced
- Best when consumed immediately after opening
- Recommend drinking water together
Serving size: 1 bar (30g)
- Energy 113kcal
- Protein 1.4g
- Fat 0.1g
- Carbohydrate 26.5g
- Sodium 54mg
- Kalium 9mg
- Magnesium 6mg
- Calcium 13mg