We get a lot of questions regarding the Tokyo Marathon so decided to put together a list of frequently asked questions, if you have a question not answered here or on our site, please comment below or message us on our Facebook page.
* Fit Japan do not offer official information and the information provided is subject to change by the Tokyo Marathon Federation. Official information can be found on the Tokyo Marathon website.
When does the Tokyo Marathon registration open?
- Charity runner registration starts in July 1st to July 31st (or until sold out)
- General lottery traditionally opens from August 1st until August 31st
What are the Tokyo Marathon qualifying times?
- Tokyo marathon does not have pre-requisite qualifying times in order to participate. The marathon is open to all.
How does the Tokyo Marathon Ballot work?
- Registration traditionally opens on August 1st until August 31st with notice of success or failure being emailed mid September.
What are my chances of getting a space in Tokyo Marathon?
- Roughly 10/1 chance. As the marathon increases in popularity more hopefuls register for the event the chances can become even lower. The organisers have also adjusted the amount of available spaces in past years so it can vary from year to year.
What is the cut off time?
- Participants have 7 hours to complete the Marathon